What is Superseam 283C adhesive?
Superseam 283C Adhesive is a single component Urethane adhesive. It is the professional’s choice of synthetic turf glue adhesive. Its adhesion strength is above the competitions. Superseam 283C Adhesive has excellent shear and elongation properties, along with its ability to withstand harshest weather conditions with great longevity. Superseam 283C Adhesive can be used indoors or outdoors with proper ventilation. Superseam 283C Adhesive has many uses in the synthetic turf and carpet industry including “Glue Down” on exterior surfaces as in concrete, pavers or clean asphalt.
The SEAM GLUE product should be mixed thoroughly before each use. The application surface should be free of dirt, oil or any other contaminant that will prevent adhesion. A rough surface that has been rinsed will improve the bond as the adhesive will absorb the moisture from the surface as well as the air. This product is suitable to be applied via spray rig, trowel, glue box or by simply pouring. Apply a continuous bed of about 1/16” thick x 6” wide. Covers approximately 55 sqft per gallon (we average about 70' of seam per gallon @ 6" spread width x 1/16" thick). Excellent initial grab strength. After application to the substrate, wait about 3 –5 minutes. Once small bubbles begin to develop on the surface of the adhesive, begin pressing seams firmly, applying enough pressure to ensure full contact between both surfaces. Wait about 30-45 minutes and re-apply pressure again. Weighted rollers work very well when applying pressure to your seams. Superseam adhesive is a moisture-curing adhesive, the humidity in the air, substrate and artificial grass backing will ultimately affect the outcome of the bonding. Extreme temperature variations will also affect the curing process. It is strongly recommended that the installer become familiarized with the product before use on a large scale.
The shelf life of Superseam adhesive is approximately 3 - 6 months under the following conditions: The adhesive should be stored at 60º-80º F., and protected against any form of moisture in the original unopened container. It is very important to close the container immediately after dispensing. This is extremely important to reduce moisture absorption.
- Superseam 283C Adhesives are manufactured in the U.S.A with no pigments.
- Pigmented adhesives can be a concern for staining surfaces.
- Excellent water resistance.
- Excellent freeze thaw strength and longevity
- Superseam 283C Adhesive can be applied using a 1/8 inch trowel to ensure an even application.
- User friendly and workable cure times.
- Great adhesion and superior strength in heavy traffic areas.
- Superseam 283C Adhesive can be used in Synthetic Turf Glue Box applications.
- Bonds to Wood, Concrete, Clean Asphalt Paving, Fiberglass Seam Tape
- Layout your binder/seam tape
- Open the glue and pour or spray thin layer on the binder tape. Apply a continuous bed of about 1/16” thick x 6” width, approximately 3” per side to be bonded
- Mist once or twice with regular water via airless sprayer
- After application to the substrate or binder fabric, wait about 15 – 25 minutes for adhesive to absorb surface and atmospheric moisture, and then lay down turf. Longer wait time required under drier conditions.
- Once small bubbles start to develop on the surface of the adhesive, press the artificial grass firmly, applying enough pressure to ensure full contact between both. (you won’t need anything to weigh it down, weighing it down can cause our glue to push out against the turf).
- Wait 5 minutes - do not lift the turf as lifting will not allow any adhesive to adhere.
- After 10-15 additional minutes, press seams ensuring contact between both surfaces (a weighted roller may be used for field applications).
- You can begin brooming and infilling if required after 2-3 hours when the adhesive will harden to the touch.
- Adhesive will be completely cured in 24 hours. Since Superseam Glue is a moisture-curing adhesive, the humidity in the air, substrate and artificial grass backing will ultimately affect the outcome of the bonding. Extreme temperature variations will also affect the curing process.
Shipping FAQ's -
What are your delivery charges?
For smaller packages we use FedEx, UPS or USPS. For turf rolls and larger deliveries outside SoCal we use various specialty freight/trucking companies. For all local deliveries we use our own delivery trucks. PLEASE NOTE: All Deliveries are curbside only. Driver does not unload freight, customer must unload freight when the driver arrives.
Can I will call my order?
Yes. Contact us for details.